Saturday, March 24, 2012

Breakfast at the Island

As usual, Saturday morning breakfast didn't disappoint! Both Matt and I were really indecisive this morning, but finally settled on French toast. Cinnamon Sugar French Toast. Oh yeah.


Matt's usually the weekend breakfast-maker, so he took care of making this little gem for us. He made it the same way I made my pear French toast, but instead of topping the bread with fruit he topped it with a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Takes me back to being a kid!


I had one and half slices of the French toast, and we got our fruit serving in by splitting a mango. There's nothing wrong with eating straight off the cutting board, right? Smile


What I was really excited about this morning, though, is that we were able to eat breakfast at our new island!



A few months ago, we decided to rearrange our kitchen and sunroom to make the rooms more functional. By moving our kitchen table to the sunroom and adding an island, we were able to get more storage, seating areas and workspace, as well as open up the rooms a lot more. The island took  a loooong time to arrive, but it was worth the wait. I absolutely love not having the table in the kitchen since it felt really cramped next to the refrigerator.



Now our kitchen feels more open, and our sunroom feels more cozy. Win, win!



Eventually we want to swap out the round kitchen table for a rectangular one with a bench (love a little table nook), but we have to wait until we find something we really like. 

And with that, I'm off to do some cooking. We're going to a potluck this afternoon, so I need get cracking on my dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment