Thursday, March 22, 2012

Breakfast, Workout & Pasta X 2

This morning my brain was a little slow on the creativity. My breakfast and workout was exactly the same as yesterday's, so I won't bore you with the details. Sometimes you just don't feel like putting much thought into things, am I right?

By the time lunch rolled around, I was in the mood for another pasta bowl. I guess last night's dinner must've sparked a craving, because nothing else sounded appealing to me today. At least I didn't make the exact same ones we had last night - today's was a cheesy broccoli pasta bowl.  And fast, easy and healthy too!


To make the pasta, I added some rigtoni and chopped broccoli to boiling water. I always just put my veggies right in with the pasta so I don't have to clean two pans. Efficiency, my friends!


The pasta took about 10 minutes to cook, which gave me time to stop procrastinting on emptying the dishwasher. To make a quick sauce, I saved out a little of the pasta water and used that along with a veggie cream cheese Laughing Cow wedge (loving this flavor) and some seasonings.



I actually ended up cooking the broccoli more than I planned to and the florets all fell apart, but in the end I liked it even better. Mixed up with the starchy water and Laughing Cow, the whole thing turned into a thick, cheesy sauce that really coated the pasta. So good!


And even better, the whole bowl had only 200 calories plus 2 servings of veggies and 1 serving of protein. I'll definitely be having this again soon. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment