Monday, March 5, 2012

California Salad

After our day of indulgence on Saturday, a big salad sounded great for dinner last night. I got to work on chopping veggies, and his and hers California salads came together in a flash.

In the mix:
- Mesclun greens and arugula
- Broccoli florets
- Cherry tomatoes
- Shredded carrots and cucumbers (leftover from sushi night)
- Mango slices
- Avocado
- Grilled shrimp (seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic, sauted with cooking spray and then tossed with freshly squeezed lime juice)

I tossed the salad in a homemade light cilantro lime vinaigrette. Here's how I made it:

Light Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette

Makes 2 servings

Ingredients
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Juice of one lime
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Add all ingredients together and whisk or shake thoroughly to combine.

Nutrition Facts**(One serving): 54 calories; 5 grams fat; 2 grams carbs

**

Before getting started on my workout this morning, I had a quick breakfast of Barbara's Peanut Butter & Chocolate Puffins with a sliced banana and skim milk. I love this stuff...it tastes like "sugar cereal" but is made with all natural ingredients and has good nutrition stats. It's great for a fun breakfast once in a while.


Today's workout was all about core! I started with a Jump Rope & Abs circuit I found on Julie's blog. I don't have a jump rope at home though, so I swapped jumping rope for jumping jacks. Still a sweaty little circuit! I followed it up with the Monday abs and legs routine I found on Pinterest.

I feel like I have a million things to get done today, so it's time to get cracking. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment