Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chocolate for Breakfast

I woke up this morning itching to go for a run, but it's kind of drab outside right now so I'm going to hold off until a little later. I'll just tell you about breakfast instead, because it was delicious.

We finally have oats in the house again after shopping last night (remember we had to throw out all our grains a few weeks ago?), and the dreary weather had me craving a big bowl of hot oatmeal. Chocolate-peanut butter-banana oatmeal, that is.


Anything that contains those three ingredients has to be good! To make the oatmeal, I simply combined 1/2 cup of oats, 3/4 cup of water, half a sliced banana, a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and one packet of Truvia. Then I microwaved the whole thing for 5 minutes...and while that was cooking, I prepped my toppings.


 A little chocolate PB2 and the rest of my banana topped off the bowl. Good carbs + protein + fiber + antioxidants = one good breakfast.


Time to get some work done - I'm headed out later for a fun little afternoon. Happy Emoticons Catch you later for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment