Monday, March 5, 2012

Late Dinner

Tonight we had yet another appointment (who knew getting life insurance required so much red tape?!), so we didn't get around to eating dinner until 8:00. That's pretty late for these early risers. Thank goodness for frozen soup!

I actually made this corn chowder a few months ago when I was getting ready for Riker to be born. I figured we might need to have some meals on hand for hectic days, so I made enough soups, chowders and casseroles to feed an army. Three months later, we are still pulling things out of the freezer on busy nights, and it's been nice to have homecooked comfort meals even on the craziest of days.



Most chowders are filled with heavy cream and carbs, but I came up with my own healthier version when I was about 14 years old. It has all the creaminess and thickness you need in a chowder, but without all the fat and calories. The next time I make it I'll be sure to write down all the measurements so I can share it with you all. Served up with a chunk of toasted rosemary bread, this stuff is comfort in a bowl. :)

I was really feeling some ice cream after my hot bowl of chowder, so dessert tonight was a strawberry eclair bar. I haven't had one of these since middle school, yum!


Now it's time for a mug of Winter Spice tea (I need to use this stuff up before spring is officially here) while we finish season two of Eastbound and Down. This show is ridiculous! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment