Thursday, March 8, 2012

Snacky Fruit Breakfast

Fruits tend to fall into two different categories for me: those I eat for breakfast, and those that I really only want to eat for snacks during the afternoon. Morning fruits include berries, nectarines, peaches and bananas, but citrus, pears and apples just don't do it for me when I first wake up. Unfortunately, we're running low on "breakfast fruits" this morning, so I had to make do with the mountain of "snacky fruits" that are still abundandtly filling the fruit basket.


I put together a peanut butter + apple open faced sandwich, which happily tasted delicious! I toasted a whole wheat English muffin and topped it with PB2 mixed with a little honey, half a Red Delicious apple and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I ate the other half of the apple on the side and washed it down with a glass of skim milk. What is it about slicing apples that makes them taste so much better?


Today is supposed to be 65 degrees and sunny, so I'm planning to power through my to-do list for the next few hours so we can go to the park later and enjoy the weather. Butters needs to burn some energy in a bad way, and I'm in the mood to go for a run with the sun shining on my face rather than do my workout inside. Catch you later for dinner - I have a good one planned! Free Smileys

No comments:

Post a Comment