Friday, March 23, 2012

Time to Train

Morning friends! It's Friday and 75 degrees out, so it's already shaping up to be a great day.

The day started early for me with some calls and emails I had to get to, but by 9:00 I was starving (way past my usual breakfast time), so took a break to have a quick morning meal. A snacky fruit breakfast returned today with a slice of whole wheat toast topped with PB2, a sliced Golden Delicious apple and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.


I also had my usual mug of coffee, but I'm thinking it might be time to make a pitcher of iced coffee since the next few days are supposed to be warm.

Workout

I'm planning to run a 5K on April 14th on Long Beach Island - Matt's whole family is supposed to run it, should be fun! - and I realized this morning that April 14th is less than a month away. Yikes! I've run plenty of these small races before so am not worried about it, but I would like to get a good time this go around.


Recently I've only been going on jogs and hilly walks, so I think it's time I start doing a little training. I have never been a fast runner, so I have no delusions about running this thing at a 7.0 pace (okay, not even 8.0), but I would like to come in under 27 minutes. Definitely doable, just gotta get out there and work on it. Speaking of which, I'm off for a run.

Enjoy this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment