Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekday Eats

What a busy day! Right from the get-go, it felt like I was running from call to call, appointment to appointment. I'm about to settle in for the night to beat Matt at Scrabble...


...but let's first run through the eats of the day, shall we? Winking smile

Breakfast

For breakfast this morning, I toasted up my last two pieces of Red Hen whole grain bread (can you believe it lasted this long?) and topped one slice with PB2 and the other slice with Polaner All Fruit blackberry jam. It was a simple breakfast, but paired with my ever-present morning cup 'o joe, it was tasty.


You might have noticed I didn't post a workout today, or yesterday...or the day before that. Um, yeah, I realized this morning I'm kind of in a workout funk. Once I don't exercise for one or two days in a row, it just gets easier to keep riding that train. Please tell me I'm not the only one this happens to? I really need to jump back on the wagon tomorrow, though. I have nothing but good intentions for a sweaty Wednesday morning.

Lunch

Before I knew it, lunch time rolled around. I kept things simple today with some Muir Glen Organics vegetable soup. I love this stuff because it's all natural and I can pronounce all the ingredients. Winking smile


Whenever I have canned soup, I add extra veggies to the bowl to pump up the nutrition value. It's an easy way to get all my veggie servings in, and it just makes the bowl of soup seem that much bigger. Today I microwaved some frozen cauliflower seasoned with Adobo to add to the soup.

On the side I had a stick of low-fat string cheese and two everything flatbread crackers.


Dinner

Dinner tonight was Indian-made-easy thanks to a package of curried chic peas I snagged at Wegman's a while back.


I whipped up a batch of my ginger-garlic tofu, cooked some more frozen cauliflower - this time seasoned with salt, cumin and curry powder - and tossed it all with the saucy chic peas. It was a little sweet with just the right amount of heat.


This looks like kind of a mess, doesn't it? I promise, it really tasted better than it looked. I suppose I could've cleaned the sides of my bowl to make this look a little prettier for you, but I was too starving to wait. Winking smile

So I really want to tell you about dessert, but I'm still in the process of tweaking this recipe before I deem it "blog worthy." Here's a sneak peek:


Healthy chocolate-peanut butter cake for one! You'll be seeing this again soon, my friends...

Have a good night!

2 comments: