Monday, April 9, 2012

Vermont Day

Today ended up being a great day. It was pretty dreary here, but we braved the rain and set out for a day of fun. First stop, lunch!

There's a great little Thai place called The Royal Orchid in the town over from where my parents live. They have the absolute best Pad Thai, so that was the only thing I had on my mind.


I ordered mine with shrimp, tofu and veggies. The sweet, tangy and spicy combination is so, so good. I also had a cup of ginger tea to go with my meal, which hit the spot on this rainy day. Crazy color tea, right?


After lunch, we stopped at a few places in Montpelier and then drove up to Waterbury so we could stop at one of our favorite breweries, The Alchemist. They make the Heady Topper we love so much, and we were on a mission to buy a bunch of 4-packs for our friends at home.


By this point we were craving a little something sweet, so decided to stop at Lake Champlain Chocolates for a bite of something delicious. They never disappoint!



I nibbled on a piece of milk chocolate almond bark and a fig truffle. Is there anything better than coffee and chocolate? I think not.



Love spending time with mom! After our sweet treats, we took a drive through Stowe just to look at the    views. There is still some snow on some of the mountains, believe it or not. Driving through Vermont is so peaceful and the views are gorgeous. I grew up here and know all these towns well, but I never get sick of driving around and enjoying VT like a tourist. Such a great day!

Now we're home and getting ready for a family game of Scrabble. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment