Monday, July 30, 2012

Cupcakes and Heirloom Tomatoes

Our weekend ended nicely with another barbecue with friends and family. This time for the 2nd birthday of one of my favorite little peanuts, Delia.


That's not actually from her birthday, but I love that one so I had to share. It's from the day she came to visit Riker in the hospital after he was just born, and I gave her a taste of her very first lollipop. Important stuff!

Delia's parents, our good friends Heather & Kevin, put on a great party filled with snacks, salads, BBQ and other goodies. The best part, though, was hands down the cupcakes.


I split a PB&J cupcake with Matt, which was sooo good. I need to try to make them at home with my homemade jam.


It's always a great time with this bunch!




By the time we got home in the early evening, neither Matt or I were hungry for dinner, but felt like we needed a little something more before bed - something with veggies after indulging my sweet tooth earlier in the day. I had a bowl of tomatoes on hand from my farm class the other day, so threw together an heirloom tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella salad to snack on while we watched the Olympics (um, yes, I am an Olympics addict in case you couldn't tell by now).


Aren't those tomatoes gorgeous? I drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled them with sea salt and pepper, and called it a day. 


We ate the salad scooped up on Wasa fiber crackers - which to be honest, kind of taste like cardboard to me. Good thing those tomatoes were juicy. :)


Great "midnight" snack if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment