Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Corn & Arugula Salad

We still have one week of summer left, and if you haven't eaten any fresh corn lately, go get it! I picked up some Jersey white corn over the weekend to have for dinner with the fam, and everyone was raving about how sweet it was.


My good friend Heather makes a fresh corn salad for nearly every BBQ during the summer, and it's loved by all. I took inspiration from her dish to make this really simple white corn, tomato and arugula salad. It's light, fresh and summery, with a slight kick from a jalapeno - perfect for a Labor Day party.


To grab the recipe, head over to Jersey Bites, and check out some of the other corn recipes while you're there. The corn cakes sound pretty intriguing to me...

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, thank you for linking this in to Food on Friday : Corn. Sorry I have taken a while to visit - have been out of town with almost no bandwidth... sigh

    Ps I have just signed up to follow your blog via Google Reader. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be wonderful – or have you already followed? Cheers

    ReplyDelete