Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Summer's End Meals

It's been a while since I've done a meals roundup post, and now that the weather is changing (love these chilly fall days!) and meals around here change with the seasons, I think we're due for a summer's end meals roundup.


Last weekend I spent a half hour on Saturday morning with my mug of coffee, my favorite cookbooks and my Pinterest boards coming up with inspiration for our meals the next few weeks. With me working late hours and Matt working and coaching soccer for the next month, I tried to build a list that included yummy and healthy meals that would also be quick for weeknights. I also wanted to make use of my end of summer garden produce as well as cook some of my favorite fall foods.


Here we go!

Summer's End Meals

1. Lobster Ravioli with Creamy Tomato & Onion Sauce
2. Grilled Swordfish with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
3. Soy "Sausages" with Peppers, Onions and MomMom's Chili Sauce
4. Veggie Chili
5. Orzo with Shrimp, Crushed Tomatoes and Capers
6. Asian Tofu with Roasted Veggies
7. Herb and Citrus Crusted Cod with Couscous
8. Vegetarian Lasagna
9. Baked Shrimp Eggrolls
10. Butternut Squash and Blue Cheese Whole Wheat Mac & Cheese
11. Roasted Beet, Blue Cheese and Arugula Salad
12. Homemade Pesto with Homemade Fettucini


Tonight we had the lobster ravioli, and they were so creamy and comforting. Not the most nutrient-packed meal, but at least it did include the final batch of tomatoes!


I'm just biding my time 'til Friday night when I can make the butternut squash mac & cheese. Mmmm.

Off to watch Restaurant Impossible with a Skinny Cow and call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment