Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Tale of Two Paninis

Before we talk food, I had to share this picture of Riker. He turned 10 months old this week and I can hardly believe it. Look at that little face - I can't take it! He needs a haircut, but I'm procrastinating big time; once those curls and long bangs are gone, a baby he will no longer be. Sigh.


Sooo, dinners have been a little uninspired the last few nights. Busy work days, a day trip to PA for a client visit, and some tiredness left from the weekend all led up to a few nights of easy veggie pasta bowls, raviolis with Laughing Cow and salmon stir-frys.





I haven't shared a new panini concoction in a while though, and we've had two pretty fantastic ones in the last two weeks. If you're in the market for a new dinner sandwich, these are sure to hit the spot.

Panini #1: Tomato Jam, Grilled Onions & Mushrooms and Provolone


This guy makes use of some sauteed onions and mushrooms (olive oil or cooking spray), tomato jam, and sliced cheese on some artisan bread. I used leftover rosemary kalamata olive bread I bought on my Vermont road trip.


I grilled the paninis in the George Forman with some cooking spray, and served them alongside some roasted Brussels sprouts.


Panini #2: Green Apple, Smoked Cheddar and Dijon 

A few days ago I made a big batch of Hubbard squash soup, and it begged for this favorite sandwich of mine. I've eaten this sandwich many times before, but this was the first time I subbed in smoked cheese. Perfection!


Matt had the idea of using soft pita pockets rather than sliced bread, and it was a great choice. Great for dipping.


Off to veg out on the couch and watch some Modern Family. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment