Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sunrise Morning

Ah, it's the weekend again. This was one busy work week, so when I powered down my laptop last night I was ready for dinner, a glass of wine and some mindless TV.


I made one of our favorite meals ever, Thai Peanut Soba Noodle Salad with lots of fresh veggies - eaten warm rather than cold since it's like 25 degrees outside. I didn't have scallions so swapped them for fresh cilantro this time, which was actually a really good substitute. And this time I actually had real soba noodles I bought during our Wegman's trip a few weeks ago; I normally use whole wheat spaghetti, but the buckwheat soba noodles were really great - they had a nice chew and a good flavor, plus lots of fiber and protein.


Love all those colors! We ate our noodle bowls in the living room after Riker went to bed while watching the semi-finals of Top Chef Seattle. I'm gunning for Kristen!

***

Today I'm spending the day in Philly with my sister since Matt is taking a bus trip to the Dogfish Head brewery in Delaware. I surprised him with a ticket on the tour for Christmas with a few of his good friends, and he's been looking forward to it for months. This morning we all got up at the crack of dawn and I dropped the gang off at the bus pick-up in Cherry Hill, which is a little over an hour from our house. At least we were greeted by a gorgeous sunrise; you know it's going to be a good day with a sunrise like that.


Cherry Hill is a short drive away from Philly, so since I was all the way down there I figured I'd come hang out with Amanda until I have to pick everyone up later tonight. Not sure what the agenda is - we're thinking a museum and lunch in the cute town of Manayunk - but for now we're relaxing over coffee while Riker naps and it rains outside. Perfect little Saturday morning for me. :)

Hope your weekend is off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment