Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Birthday Beauty

The rest of the weekend here consisted of a little home redecorating and then a party with friends and family. Matt's been wanting a new summer quilt for a while and I've been wanting some art for my new office, so on Sunday morning we took a trip to HomeGoods to pick up some house goodies.


We ditched our wintery down comforter for a white warm-weather quilt, and I love it. Now if we could just get some consistent warm weather, that'd be great.

Around lunchtime we drove over to Heather & Kevin's to celebrate a special little girl.


Avery is turning 1 today! Look at those big blue eyes. She's such a beauty!


Heather planned a ladybug-themed party and it was adorable. Everywhere you turned there was something red and black.






Heather's sister even made ladybug chocolate covered pretzels - um, so cute. And delicious.


The weather was chilly but still sunny, so we spent most of the time outdoors watching the kids play in the backyard. The heat lamp came in handy!


The kids were so cute running around playing with each other on the swing set and other toys. Riker had a blast. It's so fun now that he's walking and can run around with the older kids.


For lunch we had sandwiches from my favorite spot and all kinds of salads (including my Mediterranean Couscous Salad, yum). I didn't snap a pic of my plate but I ate half a grilled veggie sandwich, some couscous and some pasta salad. Carby! And it didn't stop there...


I fully planned on not  eating a cupcake, even one of those super cute ladybug ones. But then out came a tier of fun flavored ones, including Corona, Mexican Chocolate and, my personal fave, PB&J.


They were the same cupcakes from Avery's big sister Delia's birthday party last year, and I haven't had one since then. I caved. And loved every last bite. So good!


Aren't they the cutest little family? Love them.

And now it's back to reality and on the veggie wagon again. And the work wagon - speaking of which, it's time to go wake up this child of mine who is totally oversleeping and is going to make me late. Eek!

1 comment:

  1. First off I want to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question in which
    I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts before writing. I have had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my ideas out there. I do enjoy writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or tips? Many thanks!

    my webpage: google law firm

    ReplyDelete