Thursday, June 6, 2013

Nicole & Joe Get Married: Part Two

Here we go with Nicole & Joe's wedding part two - the fun part - the reception, of course! After we got our place cards we made our way into the beautiful tent. The shade and fans were highly welcome since it was so hot that day, and once we sat down it was actually quite breezy and nice. The color scheme was black, white and pink, and I loved the whole look.


The billowy look of the tent fabrics was amazing. It felt airy and cozy at the same time.



I loved that you could hang out inside the tent our out on the patio in the open air. Lounge areas are my fave.




Going with the wine theme, Matt and I were seated with a bunch of our best friends at the "Laurita Winery" table - fitting since us girls have gone there a few times together.









A cocktail and a few speeches later, and it was dinnertime. We were served penne vodka with warm rolls to start, followed by a mesclun salad with goat cheese, pecans and dried cherries.





Everyone at the table ordered filet with horseradish creme freche, so I was the loner fish girl. I ordered red snapper with jicama slaw, asparagus and creamy mashed potatoes.



And then it was dancing time. I was having so much fun I didn't even taste the wedding cake or any of the desserts (I even missed the outdoor s'mores session!). Who am I? Ah well.




I also loved the way the tent looked when it got dark and the twinkling lights came on. From afar it reminded me of My Best Friend's Wedding. Love!






That would've been a really cute picture had I not just taken a sip of Heather's dirty martini. Ugggh I can't understand why everyone loves those things. Vodka = ok. Olives = delicious. Vodka & olives together = nasty crap.

The wedding was followed by an after party back at the hotel that went into the wee hours, and that was even more fun since I got to hang out with Nicole while she wasn't busy attending to guests. Aren't they the cutest bride and groom?


Love them.

Congrats Nicole and Joe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment